Schools De-recognised By Neco 2019 and Supervisors Blacklisted – Details
The National Examinations Council (also known as NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and November/December respectively.
Neco 2019 Blacklisted Schools, Supervisors, Centres and Reasons | Neco Result Is Out Now
The council recommended three schools in Kastina, Kebbi and Oyo states for de-recognition from conducting its Senior Secondary School Examinations (SSCE) for two years.
The council said the schools were de-recognized for their involvements in mass cheating and being special centres.
Mr Gana said 17 supervisors were also blacklisted for various offences ranging from poor supervision, aiding and abetting and connivance with non-candidates to write answers on the chalkboard.
Important Notes About Neco Result 2019
- The Registrar also debunked an online publication urging candidates to log on to a different website to assess their results, even when the results were not yet released, by purchasing scratch cards.
- “NECO has abolished the use of the card in all its operations as everything is now 100 per cent online. The approved website of NECO remains www.neco.gov.ng and has not changed, ” he said.
- The council advised parents, schools and candidates to disregard that publication and to visit only the approved site to check their results as well as to get information on our operations.
- The SSCE is conducted for candidates in their final year (SS111). NECO examines students in 76 subjects, cross-cutting core subjects, humanities, business studies, and trade/entrepreneurship.
- Candidates must offer the four cross-cutting compulsory subjects, three to four subjects from their area of specialisation and one elective outside their field provided the number of subjects is not more than nine.
- NECO is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
- The council is also in charge of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (internal and external), Junior Secondary Certificate Examination (JSCE) and National Common Entrance Examination into federal unity schools.