Who is Oxlade? Biography, Profile, Age, Net Worth, Record Label, Career, History, Story, Facts, Family, Girlfriend, Relationship, Instagram Twitter, Facebook, Music Videos, Songs, Education, School, The Musician/Singer
Oxlade was born in Nigeria, He first gained prominence in the mainstream when he featured on BlaqBonez’ Mamiwota, delivering a very catchy hook. The song topped several charts and this boosted Oxlade to the limelight. He also featured alongside YBNL’s Fireboy DML on a song Sing. This was the song that really caught Davido’s attention and heightened his interest in the young singer’s career. Rumours even had it that the singer was signed to DMW.
Nigerian, Lagos based singer Oxlade real name Ikuforiji Abdulrahman Olaitan currently one of the young new acts tagged to change the face of the Nigerian and African music Industry.
Studying History and international relations at the Lagos State University, (LASU) where he was known for his love for music.
Music started at a very tender age for him instilling a passion which he never gave up on, a passion which was also evident at the Lagos State University (LASU) where he studied History and… (fill in) oftentimes showcasing and winning the recognition of his colleagues with his gifted voice.
Describing his kind of music as Afro-fusion. Oxlade also dabbles with a bit of country, & soul all with roots from his homeland thus expressing his soul through his country’s music.
With songs such as happiness, Ojoro, questionnaire, the hit song “Sing” and the widely accepted “Mamiwota “ featuring BlaqBonez. Oxlade is fast becoming a force to reckon within the industry, a fact reinforced by his latest hit and first official single “Shugar”, it is safe to say The Ox is here to stay.
15 Facts About Oxlade Profile
- Oxlade was born in Nigeria.
- The young talented singer has come a long way so far as a fledgeling act in the music industry.
- He has managed to garner a solid fan base who religiously show him support and have helped build his career.
- With the help of social media and digital streaming platforms including SoundCloud and YouTube, Oxlade warmed his way into the hearts of many music lovers.
- He has released quite a number of songs including Iyanu, Ojoro, Questionnaire, and more.
- He also made covers to different popular songs and freestyles in a bid to stay relevant and put out content.
- He has worked extensively with producer Ojah B who is also making a name for himself in the industry.
- Toward the end of 2018, Oxlade released his highly-anticipated single Shugar.
- It was produced by one of the elite producers in the industry Spax.
- The Afro-pop single quickly climbed on different charts, making it one of the hottest singles released by a new act.
- The song has since been on an ascent and the singer who keeps pushing his music as an independent act is continuously gaining more popularity.
- Sometime last week, the visuals for Shugar dropped.
- It was directed by Naya Effectz. Although not many people are familiar with the energetic video director, Naya is a talent to behold.
- The video is impressive and it shows how much potential Naya has.
- With limited available resources, they were able to churn out something remarkable.