On this post, we will bring t you in details about the new health minister of the federal republic of Nigeria Osagie Ehanire from Biography, Profile, Age, Political Party, History, Net Worth, Children, Wife, education, Career, Politics, Family, Health Minister
Biography of Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire
Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire (born November 4, 1946) is a Nigerian medical doctor and politician. He was appointed as the Minister of State for Health in the President Muhammadu Buhari administration in November 2015 and 2019.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday inaugurated the new ministers who would be working with him in the next four years.
He appointed two ministers to run the Ministry of Health. Osagie Ehanire is the senior minister while Olorunnimbe Mamora is the minister of state.
Profile of Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire
Osagie Ehanire is not new to the ministry as he served as the minister of state for health in the first term of President Buhari from 2015 to 2019.
Not new to the running of the current administration and the happenings at the ministry of health, the new minister is expected to continue the agenda he pursued with his predecessor, Isaac Adewole, which is the revitalisation of facilities in the sector.
Facts about Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire
- Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire born November 1946. He is from Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. Mr Ehanire is a medical doctor.
- He attended Government College, Ibadan, for his West African School Certificate as well as Higher School Certificate (HSC). He passed the latter with distinction.
- He is a graduate of Medicine from the University of Munich. In 1976, Mr Ehanire attended the Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland, Dublin where he obtained a post-graduate diploma in Anaesthetics as well as a certificate in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery.
- Mr Ehanire worked extensively in Germany as resident Anesthesiologist, resident Vascular Surgeon and resident general surgeon in Thoracic Surgery at various hospitals.
- He came back to work in Nigeria in 1982 and became a fellow of the West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) in 1984.
- He worked at the Department of Surgery (Orthopaedic Surgery) University of Benin Teaching Hospital up till 1985 when he joined Shell Development Company (SPDC) Hospital, Warri from 1985 to 1990.
- He also served at various times as a member of the Boards of Edo State Health Management Board and T.Y Danjuma Foundation among others.
- He is also a seasoned politician as he was the leader of CPC in Edo State and a member of the Buhari Campaign Organisation after the emergence of APC.
- Health Minister State: Adeleke Mamora Biography and Profile
- Abba Kyari Profile: Top 26 Facts about Chief of Staff to President Buhari
- N-power Stipends: Latest, News, Updates: FG speaks on increasing N-power stipends
- the socio-economic, political, cultural, religious and educational tasks for president mohammadu buhari’s second term with his 9th assembly
- Who is Gloria Bamiloye? Biography and more details